What causes excessive sleepiness after taking Montek LC?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: is there any side effect of montek lc?
my father had taken this for 5 days alongwith other medicines Amifru plus, concore 2.5, Pantop, strovas tiro 10 etc.
now he cannot keep his head straight and tendency to sleep every time.
is this any side effect of medicine.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it is a side effect of the medicine

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me assure you that Montek LC is a very safe medicine and is widely used. It can have the side effect of increased sleeping (for the duration that the medicine is taken) but that is not something concerning. If you still feel that his tendency to sleep is a botheration, you can try to move to some alternative although most others will have a similar effect.

It can eb taken along with Amifru plus, concore 2.5, Pantop, strovas tiro 10 etc.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj