What causes excessive salivation?
Please follow up with the necessary details
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic for your health concern
Excessive salvation can occur due to several reasons. So it is important to know further details about your history, so that I can give you a definite answer.
-When did you start noticing the excessive salvation?
- Are you currently on any medications?If so, provide the name of the medications
-Have you noticed swallowing difficulty?
- Any regurgitation of food?
- Do you suffer from heart burn?
- Any history of stoke or other neurological disorders like Parkinson's disease?
- Any ulcers in your mouth?
-Do you have tooth pain, sore mouth ?
Follow up answer
Tooth infection and canker sore is most likely cause for the excessive salivation you are experiencing.
Adding to that heartburn and reflux disease will also increase saliva production.You currently have multiple risk factors contributing to excessive salivation.
Adequately controlling heartburn will reduce the symptoms. Here are few things you can try
Avoid spicy, fatty, and fried foods as well as chocolates and carbonated drinks.
Avoid citrus-containing foods like tomatoes, oranges, and fruit juices.
Eat multiple small portions of food rather than three large meals.
Limit caffeine intake.
Have your dinner at least two hours before bedtime, so that your stomach is light before you go to bed.
Elevate the head end of the bed by placing wooden blocks under the bed post. Using extra pillows will not provide relief.
Avoid cigarette smoking and alcohol consumption.
Maintain a healthy weight.
Regarding the canker sore, it will subside by itself in 2 weeks. Take vitamin b supplements to prevent recurring canker sores. Also, follow up with your dentist to see if the tooth is infected and initiate appropriate treatment.
Once these issues are resolved, the excessive salivation will subside.
Hope I was able to help you
Please let me know if you need further clarifications
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Excessive salivation causing spitting
- Iodine causing excessive salivation
- Excessive salivation production causes
- What causes excessive salivation and burping
- Excessive salivation causes
- Excessive salivation causing a cough
- What could be the cause for excessive salivation
- Causes of excessive salivation and flu
- What causes excess salivation and drooling in children
- Does hcg cause excess salivation
- Suggest treatment for chronic rhinosinusitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic constipation
- What causes severe muscle and upper body pain?
- Suggest remedies for delayed menstrual bleeding
- What causes intermittent sharp pain in the groin area while walking?
- Suggest ways to deal with behavioral volatility and emotional outbursts...
- Suggest treatment for pinched nerve spasms in the shoulders, neck and arms
- What do itchy rashes on the legs indicate?
- Suggest treatment for rashes between leg and scrotum
- What are the interactions when Bisoprolol, Amlodipine, Lisinopril and...