What causes excessive salivation?
Testing of saliva concentration and medication
I read through the query. There are different medical conditions that can increase saliva production. Even in those it would not be as high as you say. I think we need to test the concentration of saliva for its constituents and compare it with the normal. That gives us a fair idea if it is organic or something which is actually mentally disturbing you.
There are fair number of medications that can reduce the excessive saliva production. So you should not feel that you have lost the battle. You have a little armor left to fight it again.
You need to consult the following specialist: Dentist, ENT specialist and Psychologist. They have the roles to play in getting back your lost life.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Excessive salivation causing spitting
- Iodine causing excessive salivation
- Excessive salivation production causes
- What causes excessive salivation and burping
- Excessive salivation causes
- Excessive salivation causing a cough
- What could be the cause for excessive salivation
- Causes of excessive salivation and flu
- What causes excess salivation and drooling in children
- Does hcg cause excess salivation
- Suggest treatment for numbness in the thumb
- Stool with ridges, have large external hemorrhoids, symptoms of IBS....
- What steps can i take to avoid nervousness? All test results are ok
- Low ferritin level. Had swelling in foot, ankle & lower leg, swollen...
- No popping sound while yawning. Have nausea. Hard wax in eustachian...
- Undergoing IUI, took ovidrel shot. How one determines the size &...
- Irregular periods. Taken clomid. Chances of getting pregnant?
- Have bowed legs. Pain in the leg and ankle. Concerned about pain getting...
- Had stent procedures. Is it safe to take alcohol?
- Had short duration of period than usual with heavy flow. Had unprotected...