What causes excessive phlegm production after eating?
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Excess phlegm/ sputum with history of weight loss/ generalized weakness should prompt workup. Chest x ray , sputum for AFB and routine examination, blood counts, ESR can be advised. Based on the results of these investigations specific treatment can be advised.
In the meanwhile mucolytics such as n acetylcysteine and carbocysteine along with PPIs can be advised. If there is evidence of infection then antibiotics can be initiated after consulting your doctor.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes regurgitation after eating
- What causes exhaustion after eating
- What causes dizziness after eating
- What causes coughing after eating
- What causes excessive urge to eat
- What causes shaking after eating
- Causes of phlegm after eating
- What causes nausea after eating
- What causes diarrhea after eating
- What causes excessive urine production