What causes excessive phlegm in throat while treating GERD ?

Question
Have to constantly clear throat. especially after eating. Taking omeprazole BID per Dr. for GERD. Last night it was continuous-usually symptoms go away after 30 minutes
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Treatment duration is important

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. Firs of all, I agree with your doctor’s decision to put you on Omeprazole BID, however, as opposed to other anti acids, it may take up to 30 days to give significant effects.
If you have been taking Omeprazole for longer than ten days without any improvement, I recommend you see a doctor for an endoscopy in order to determine whether there is something more than GERD.

I hope this helps. You are welcome to ask further questions.

Wishing you good health and all the best.