question-icon

What causes excessive menstrual bleeding for a long duration?

Posted on Fri, 15 May 2015
Question: Last time my wife missed her period this month it as already been 10 days yet the period has not stopped ,any help would be helpful
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
tablet tranexemic acid advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir, thanks for trusting health care magic.
It is common to bleed excessively after a long duration of missed periods.
In case her pregnancy test was negative then just give her tablet tranexemic acid 500 mg thrice a day till three days or longer in case bleeding persists.
But if bleeding occurs for more than 5 days then get a transvaginal ultrasound at the earliest to see for the cause of bleeding.
In case you have any questions about it, I will be glad to help.
Dr Manisha
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN