What causes excessive itching and burning sensation in throat and chest area?
URTI, plenty of fluids, lozenges,
Welcome to HCM.
I have gone through your query.
Most often the symptom you have mentioned is due to upper respiratory tract infection(URTI). It usually does not require any treatment, it will be self limiting.
It is mostly viral infection, I feel it is less likely to be allergic.
Presently I would suggest you only symptomatic treatment and that will be sufficient.
1. Drink plenty of water, especially warm, drink at regular intervals.
2. To a cup of milk add a pinch of turmeric powder, take it twice daily.
3. Suck over the counter cough lozenges which will produce soothing effect and reduce the cough.
5. Salt water gargling three to four times a day.
You will be fine with this.
I have not found any image, that you have mentioned, kindly upload it again, we will here to help you out.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes burning sensation in the throat
- What causes dry throat and mouth with choking sensation
- What causes burning sensation in throat with fever
- What could cause burning in throat
- What are the underlying causes for aching sensation in throat
- What causes burping and burning in the throat
- What causes burning in throat
- Does throat cancer cause burning sensation in throat
- What causes choking sensation in throat
- What causes burning sensation in throat during pregnancy