• question-icon

What causes excessive hunger and thirst while on Keppra and Lexapro?

Posted on Sat, 29 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Why am I always hungry and thirsty I am on keppra for seizures and a small amount of lexapro ...and also supplements...I'm thinking side effects...but I can remember having the hunger issue before I was on meds... I would appreciate any input...thanks
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hunger and thirst are probably not due to medicines.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

Excessive hunger and thirst are not the side effects of Keppra or Lexapro.So, there must be some other reason for the same.You need to focus on other factors that might be playing their role.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist