What causes excessive gas, indigestion, diarrhea and stomach pain?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Have been suffering from lots of gas and digestion, intermittent diarrhea, intermittent stomach pain, like every 3rd day or so. Have just seen my blood tests and my eosinophilic is at 1.2 x9/L, and my Alanine Amintransferase is 72 U/L, and my Aspartate Aminotransferase is 43 U/L. The symptoms have been going on for 2 months now, any Ideas as to what i'm suffering from, as i wont be able to see a doctor for a week. Oh i've been tested for parasites and such all negative
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
IBS, parasitic infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Bowel disturbances, gas, indigestion, stomach pain every 3rd day for the last few months with raised eosinophil count mostly favours some parasitic or allergic bowel condition. Anthelmintics should be tried.

Possibility of an irritable bowel syndrome can not be ruled out . Modifying diet and lifestyle will help. Eat small frequent meals, avoid spices, fatty foods, dairy products, processed & canned foods, etc. Prefer natural foods and vegetables and use peppermint and yogurt in every meal. See if the symptoms improve. Talk to your doctor and let them decide what is best for you.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan