What causes excessive gas and vomiting after a meal?
Hi and thank you for asking.
You are reporting to have excessive gas and sometimes vomiting after eating.
Your symptoms may be related with :
- gallbladder/ pancreatic issues
- food intolerance like celiac or lactose.
- gastritis or hyperacidity.
If I were your treating doctor I would suggest to do :
- abdominal ultrasound to better evaluate gallbladder and pancreatic issues
- upper endoscopy with duodenal biopsy to rule out celiac plus serologic test for celiac.
Meantime I suggest to :
- use PPI's drugs like Prilosec twice per day
- start digestive enzymes like Creon every meal
- use simethicone to avoid gas forming
- take plenty of water
- avoid foods like beans broccoli and soft drinks.
Please don't start gluten free diet before doing serologic test and biopsy from duodenum ruling out celiac disease.
The gluten free diet before the exams may hide the diagnosis of Celiac.
Hope it was helpful to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Experiencing excessive thirst and vomiting blood what is causing this
- What causes extreme gas
- Vomiting after meals causes
- What causes excess gas
- What causes excessive saliva and nausea burping vomiting
- What is the cause for excessive gas and bloating
- Conditions that cause excessive gas
- What causes gas in the arm
- What causes gas in stomach
- Excessive gas causing numbness