What causes excessive flatulence even after eating light quantity of food?
At this age it is quite common to have flatulence (gas) even with light quantity of food because the enzyme producing cells are not replicating too much. If you had a thorough check up and find that there is no organic problem causing this heavy gas building I suggest you to focus on foods that digest easily like potato, rice, banana, grapes, lettuce. They do not need enzymes large to digest and thus produce less gas.
Charcoal tablets are available over the counter at any pharmacy but if you are taking any other medications charcoal should not be used because it makes the other medications less effective. I generally suggest Simethicone which is another over-the-counter medication that can also help with gas problems. A lot of my patients are happy with ginger tea/ale after a meal. This is natural and has antioxidants as well.
You may try my options. Let me know anything else or you can close our discussion here.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Excessive flatulence post cholecystectomy
- What causes excessive flatulence
- My newborn is excessive flatulence
- Excess flatulence after eating
- Why am i experiencing excessive flatulence after laxative intake
- Excessive flatulence with tonsillitis
- Excessive flatulence after starting weight loss program cause
- Excessive flatulence treatment
- Causes of excessive flatulence
- Does flucloxacillin cause excessive flatulence