What causes excessive crying despite taking medication for depression?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Mental Health
Question: my primary doctor put me on medication for sever depression 7 weeks ago and I don't feel as though it is working. I actually feel the same and still cry throughout the day for no reason and have dark thoughts. I was supposed to see my doctor today but she called in to work today and won't be in for a week at least. Should I just wait, or should I try and see another doctor?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is need for either change or increase dose of medication

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Since you have already crossed a long time since the start of medication without effect, there is a need for either change of medication or increase dose of medication.

Since your doctor is having the complete details I feel waiting for her to return will be a better option.

I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee