question-icon

What causes excessive course hair on the breasts and face?

Posted on Mon, 17 Sep 2018
Question: I suffer from excessive course facial hair and hairy breast, when speaking on the phone, mistakenly taken as a man sometimes. Inside of palms and bottom of feel are embrassingly hard and thick! If I get excited, angry or frightened, I get prickly, itchy sensations, pores open on face,,,,
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni (23 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

About the excessive hair: further exams required.

Detailed Answer:

You should do some further exams to exclude a testosterone-producing tumour.

First, an abdominal ultrasound would give information regarding the ovaries and adrenal glands.

Except for an ultrasound, you need to check testosterone level.

These 2 examinations will give us information on where to get focused further.

Try to attach the results and will be a pleasure to help you.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Mirjeta Guni, Endocrinologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist