What causes excessive belching, fluctuating BP and difficult bowel movements?
yes, but under supervision of your doctor.
1. It is well known that calcium channel blockers can cause constipation and decrease bowel movement. However it is more common with agents like diltiazem and verapamil rather than amlodipine (amlopin).
2. The target blood pressure at age of 82 years is not well known by medical trials , however, current guidelines mention it to be 150/90 mmHg.
3. Considering the above two facts, it may be possible for your physician to reduce the dosage of calcium channel blocker and still maintain blood pressure in optimal range. However you must not reduce your drugs on your own as it can be detrimental to your health at times. Always consult your doctor to reduce any medication and it should be under his constant supervision.
Thanks. Will check with my cardio for change. I am taking Clopivas 70mg & Duprost for my BPH for many years. No other medicine. I am active & weigh 56 kg. No other physical or mental problems; except BP & BPH. Would you like to make any further suggestions or about drug interactions. Thanks, XXXX.
1. Duprost (dutesteride) levels are increased by amlopin but interaction does not warrant a change in dosage.
2. Rest all three drugs are frequently used together in clinical practice. We may think of changing them if patient has a particular problem and the problem seems to be due to drugs. This is done because not all interactions can be judged clinically or occur in frequency which can be guessed clinically.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes fluctuate bp
- What causes high bp
- What causes dizziness and weakness with fluctuating bp
- Difficult bowel movements mucus discharge anything to be concerned about
- What causes chest pain with belching when bp goes high
- Difficult bowel movements with release of semen no std reason
- Difficult bowel movements colonoscopy normal distended stomach pelvic floor dysfunction
- Difficult bowel movements and herniated disks
- Difficult bowel movement on sprintec
- Difficult bowel movement with vaginal bleeding