What causes excessive alkaline phosphatase in blood?

Question
Couple of days back I have shared my blood reports and my husband's blood report with you. You have advised my husband to stop alcolhol since some liver enzyme value is not in normal range. But I checked reports again looks like 'alkaline phosphate' is more in my report which is 128 where in normal is 98. But his report is normal. Can you please re-look and confirm. If my case I do not consume alcohol, may be wine once in 6 months. Could you please advice on this ?
Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Kampana 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
As explained below.

Detailed Answer:

Yes i remember we had chatted online. Alkaline phosphate is an acute phase reactant which means it will rise if there is any infection in the body. In your case as you had cold and cough(viral infection), alkaline phosphatase is increased. The main liver enzymes are SGOT and SGPT which are normal in your report and is increased in your husband's.

I hope this answered your query. Kindly follow up if any.

With regards,