What causes erythema of the palms?
For the past several months, (4) I have noted that on both palms of my hands, there is a silver dollar size of mildly pink and a bit dry area....No itching per se.
Have used 1% over the counter hydrocortisone cream and try and lotion my hands frequently.
Just wondering what prompted this issue...
Erythema of palms is usually seen in liver disorders. Can you please upload a photograph of your palms.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis.
There is an option to upload photographs on right side of query page.
Please utilize that.
Awaiting your response.
get liver functions test
In liver disorder, there occurs hormonal imbalance.
Liver metabolizes many hormones, in particular estrogen.
When the levels of this hormone increase in blood, it causes vascular dilation.
As palms are very vascular, the erythema is first noticed on these.
Please get liver function tests done.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Patchy erythema causes
- Erythema causes
- Erythema, nasal sores causes
- Micronor causing erythema nodosum
- Suffer from erythema nodosum what is cause for this
- Erythema nodosum caused by alcohol
- Facial erythema causes
- Gum erythema causes
- Facial erythema caused by steroids
- Irritation causing erythema causes
- Developed itchy rashes on both sides of torso and insulin dependent....
- Used Z derm for scrotum itching followed by blood stains. Noticed needle...
- Having itchy rashes on buttocks, side of arms, side of legs and inner...
- Having small patches and blister on finger. Using slivers skin moisture...
- What is the cure for body itching?
- Rash on the side of face with itching. Suggest treatment
- How to remove black marks and blade marks from face?
- Suggest the medication for twitching under eyes
- White and slightly raised lump under the skin on the palm. What does it...
- Suggest treatment for hair fall problem caused by dandruff?