What causes erectile dysfunction?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Question: i tried to have sex with a virgin and found out my penis was too soft to go in it.. made me feel horrible.. i have smoked marijuana for 2 years from now.. is it responsible for it.. and i want my penis strong.. please help me
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Single incidence of ED has no significance.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have attempted to have a sex with virgin but could not get hard erection to penetrate her vagina.You attribute this to your habit of taking Marijuana.

Single incidence of ED has no significance and difficult to predict this to be due to Marijuana.Mostly It could be due to performance anxiety..

Following measure will help you to boost up your confidence and getting good erection.and delay ejaculation.
1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc
3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday..
4) Avoid alcohol and smoking..

If problem persists or you face the similar situation in future you will need to consult qualified Urologist or Sexologist for detail evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Doc one more thing.. On some rare occasions.. When i had prolonged erection.. One of my tesicles gave a medium intensity pain.. But the pain was there.. Making the testicles somewhat rigid. A sensation of touch too could raise a pain.i think this description needs your attention too. Thank u..
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pain is Due to stagnation of sperms

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
When one gets erection and does not ejaculate gets pain in Testicles due to stagnation of sperms in testis Normally this pain gets relieved after ejaculation.Thre is nothing to be worried about it.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 34 hours later
Thanks a lot doc.. Happy to know that my organs are safe.. Doc just one last thing.. Do u think marijuana is bad for the body on the whole if i do regular exercise.. I smoke 2-3 joints per week.. It helps me in music.. I dont use tobacco with it.. Please reply
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yesit is notgood for health.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.Marijuana is a habit forming and one gets addicted to it whichin long run may predispose erectile problem.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.