What causes erectile dysfunction while on Amlodipine, Lisinopril and HCTZ?

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: My doctor has me on amolodipine and lisinprol hydrochlorothiazide for my bp....I have developed ed.....so today they dropped the hydrochlorothiazide. Which was 20-25 mg to just lisinopril 40 mg and the amolodipine......is this just dropping the water pill part going to help my ed
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
ED can be caused by any or all of your blood pressure medications

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

YOu hae hypertension and being treated with amlodipine, lisinopril and HCTZ. Any of these medications can cause ED. The only way to see which one is the cause is to eliminate them one by one until your ED resolves. More than likely it is the combination of these medications that is causing the ED. As we lower your blood pressure the pressure to maintain erection also decreases and hence ED. So don't get discouraged if just stopping the HCTZ does not correct the problem.

If after stopping the medications and you still have ED then you may need a little help with viagra. Once you get your confidence up again your may perform better and with more confidence and not need the viagra.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions