What causes erectile dysfunction in a person with Type 1 diabetes?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Aug 2018 in Men's Health
Question: I am 68, male, not having penile erection at all, since last 6 years. Even masturbation by hand or oral does not help. I type 1 diabetes. Wt. 83 kg. Sedentary lifestyle. Wife gets tired by Oral hence refuses.
Can I be treated ?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Your Erectile Dysfunction is secondary to Diabetes ,

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted you are diabetic and facing problem of Erectile Dysfunction since last 6 years .

The problem of Erectile Dysfunction that you are facing is secondary to Diabetes and is due to
1) Diabetic Vasculitis which leads to narrowing of arteries carrying blood to erectile tissue in penis
2) Diabetic Neuritis involving nerves that trigger erectile process by carrying signals form the brain to arterioles in penis .

You can try taking Cialis (Tadalfil) 2 mg once daily and 5-10 mg one hour before on the day of planned sexual activities

To be true there are no medications that can cure and hep to improve your erectile function .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Thanks Dr XXXXXXX for true advice, attempt was to rejuvenate if possible.
No issue, I will forget for this life happily.
Sexual activity was not the sole motive, hormonal and testerone was anxiety.
Thanks and regards
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
O.K Bye

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Have a good health and happy retired life .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D