What causes erectile dysfunction in a kidney transplant patient indicate?

Posted on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 in Erectile Dysfunction
Question: My question is how to treat ED and anorgasmia. I'm a kidney transplant patient. The cause for failure unknown unless NSAIDS as prescribed. I developed neuropathy from trauma from surgery and secondary diabetes from Prednizone for antirejection after surgery. Diabetes is A1C normal w/o treatment.
I have recently taken myself gradually off medications for Neuropathy because of side effects. This is 1st week w/o Gralise,Cymbalta,Depakote, and Keppra. I hope things may get better. I'm not a candidate for the pills (Viagra, etc) I'm not doing shots in penis. I've started Magnesium, Zinc, B12, B-complex for men. I will soon be tested for testerone etc.. What other treatments, foods or supplements are there that may help? PS: I'm only 71?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Your Erectile Dysfunction is due to many fold medical issues

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

You are currently facing problem of Erectile Dysfunction .
There are multiple factors that are contributing to your problem of ED
1) Diabetes associated with neuropathy .
2) Hyper Cholesterol levels
3) Hypothyroidism
4) Hypertension
5) Age related low level of Testosterone in blood .

With having multiple health issues it is unlikely that you will be benefited with drugs that are being commonly prescribed to treat ED .

Your Dr has rightly prescribed Intra Cavernosal injections of Trimix or Caverjet .

There is no harm in trying the same .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
I'm afraid I must agree with your answer. I do have one last question, please.
I recently read about a study that helped anorgasmia in 69% of trial study.
The medication is Cabergoline (generic-Dostinex) off label for Anorgasmia.

Do you have an opinion about me trying it?

The study was by Dr Hsieh at Baylor College Men's Health Clinic.
Thank you for your advice. Sincerely, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can try it.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

A single study or research on any drug is not accepted by WHO unless it is supported by multiple clinical trials and after established long term results .

However you can certainly try it .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist