What causes erectile dysfunction in a 66 year old man?
Has he had prostrate surgery before?
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this inability to ejaculate. Do you feel he ejaculated and the semen didn’t flow into the vagina or he never ejaculated at all? Also, has he had any surgery before related to his prostate? Finally, is this the first and only time he has ever witnessed this before? Please, provide responses to these questions as they would be very helpful in guiding us get through to the possible causes and what treatment options are available.
I hope to hear back from you and promise to respond as soon as possible with more insights and helpful recommendations. Until next, I wish you both well.
Possible causes could include neurological damage with decreased sensation of the penile sensations(may occur with excess alcohol intake), medications especially those used to treat depression, psychological, etc. In others, no cause is ever established. Unfortunately, there is no medication for this condition. If alcohol could be established as the cause of his inability to ejaculate through nerve damage, then reducing this will clearly be very helpful to him. Please, the alcohol intake is excessive and really puts his health at great risk. He needs to be doing something about it.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Keep me posted on the progress of this.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Erectile dysfunction 14 year olds
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction what is causing this and cure
- 23 year old erectile dysfunction
- What are the underlying causes for erectile dysfunction
- 38 year old man with erectile dysfunction
- What is the cause and treatment for erectile dysfunction
- What causes erectile dysfunction and shortness of breath
- Can sixteen year olds get erectile dysfunction
- What causes decrease in penis size with erectile dysfunction
- What causes excruciating pain in groin and erectile dysfunction
- CT scan showed cancer tumor inside liver. Swollen abdomen, little...
- Shaved around private parts and around base of penis. Bumps are like...
- Having blood pressure. Taking Sandoz Fenofibrate. Should I go for higher...
- Severe anal itching and rashes on buttocks. Suggest medication
- Stomach upset, gas and bloating. What could this be?
- Can I contract HIV through blowjob?
- Having swollen testicles. Could this be a sign of cancer?
- Had rectal prolapse surgery. Should I be concerned of having irregular...
- What causes numbness in toe?
- Is Hydrazine sulfate effective for cancer patients suffering from cachexia?