What causes erectile dysfunction in a 19 year old?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Sexual Health
Question: Hi! I'm 19 years old and I got a problem recently with my penis. I noticed that it's not fully erecting the past few weeks and I don't know what could have caused it. I had sex with my girlfriend 2 weeks ago and she also noticed the same thing. I have not changed any daily routine recently and even if I watch porn my penis doesn't erect like it use to be. I always masturbate almost daily and I've been doing this since high school and I don't see any problem with erection. I get aroused easily when I watch porn or visit porn sites and gets aroused easily when having sex with my partner. What could be the problem?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Performance anxiety.. Do as suggested

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM

I hadn't gone through your query.

In absence of any major health issue cause of Erectile dysfunctional is mind related and due to what is called as performance anxiety.
Start with prolonging the time for foreplay. Work on satisfying your girlfriend more with foreplay, this will relieve the anxiety from your mind.
In the meantime, do decrease the frequency of masturbation, which can lead to a poor erection or a flaccid one when you are in contact with your wife.

Try this for week or so. You should be fine.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 10 hours later
I HAVE STOP BUT STILL IT DOES NOT WAKE UP
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Relax

Detailed Answer:
Hi
You should relax, and don't think about it. You will be fine.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad