What causes erectile dysfunction after having Sancita?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Erectile Dysfunction
Question: Sir, I am 26 years old. I suffered from erectile dysfunction, after taking drugs suggested by Psychatrist for anxiety and depression. Following are the drugs:
1. XXXXXXX CR
2. Sancita
3. Benvika Forte

I unable to masturbate even getting excited from sexual desire and unable to reach orgasm. It makes me a very impotence feel.

Any suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This problem is reversible

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.com.

The sexual side effect of these drugs are reversible so I suggest to do the following things
1. Talk to your doctor and ask him whether it is possible for him to stop medicines. If this is not possible ask him for alternative medication for depression and anxiety. I like to tell you there are many anti depressant medicines which do not have sexual side effects. Please do not do it yourself, it may create more problems.
2. If it is not possible to stop it completely than ask him to reduce the dose. This may help you in treatment of erectile dysfunction.
3. Thirdly if both things are not possible than he can prescribe add on medication which will help you to regain your sexual power.

At this stage I assure you that these side effects are completely reversible on stopping these medicines within a period of few months.

'Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help".
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 43 minutes later
Thank you for the answer.

But one more question. Is there any pill to enhance sexual activity temporarily?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes they are available

Detailed Answer:
Der XXXXXXX
Welcome back.

Yes the medicines are available as I suggested in my third point. You need to see a doctor/ or your psychiatrist to get he one. All the medicine for his purpose are prescription only and it is not safe to consume any medicine without medical supervision.

I hope you got your query answered and if there is anything else feel free to contact me. I will try to help you.
Thanks and regards
Dr Ashok
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T