What causes episodes of confusion and dull headache?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: My 60 year old wife has "spells" where she is confused, and has a dull headache after these occasions. She also has been very forgetful and confused(mildly). in addition she seems not to put situations or ideas in place. She cant keep her constration when reading...I'm worried sick as her PCP dismisses the complaints
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Neurological evaluation needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your query and understand your concerns.

In my opinion, your wife should be examined first by a Neurologist and her condition needs to be evaluated further.

Those concerns may be linked to conditions such early stages of dementia, transient ischemic attack. I don't understand how did your PCP dismisses such relevant findings..

Neurological examination and mental state evaluation is needed to understand better your wife's condition.

If doubts risen after this examination imaging studies of brain such MRI could be needed.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 19 minutes later
Thank you..I will get more Assertive with her PCP to get a consult with a Neurologist.
Thanks again,
XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Glad I helped.

Feel free to discuss with us about any further health concerns.
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical