What causes epididymis soreness on the left testicle?

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 13 Jul 2016 in Testicle Problems
Question: My epididymis on left testical has be sore for a few day now. What are to possible causes and treatments
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
See next

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
Most common this is epididimitis which is inflammation of testicle site to bacterial or viral infection. Other causes are torsion or STD. but torsion would have some other symptoms. I suggest treatment with antibiotics and avoid sexual intercourse for week. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 15 hours later
This all started after taking a small nap is it possible it just got pinned in a weird was. Today it feels much better .
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 38 hours later
Brief Answer:
possible

Detailed Answer:
Yes it is possible. It may have been small torsion that detorsioned spontaneously.
If you feel better then you dont need to worry
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng