What causes enlarged tonsils in a child?
Does your daughter has symptoms of pain during swallowing?
Frequent sorethroat ?
Fever, is not picking weight?
The picture as you said shows the large tonsil but unless the tonsil obstructs the air way or food taking or chewing it does not need intervention.
If any treatment is done it has to be excision of the tonsil. I feel there is no need of excision unless there are bothering symptoms hampering her daily life or unable to catch up to the toddlers of her age.
Let me know if any information you have.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of one enlarged tonsil
- What can cause a cyst in the tonsil
- Enlarge tonsil caused by impacted tooth
- What causes pustules on tonsils
- Enlarged tonsils cause conjuctivitis
- What causes enlarged and inflamed tonsils pushed to the center
- Can mold cause enlarged tonsils
- What causes slight enlargement near right tonsil
- What causes tonsillitis
- What causes tonsil tags