What causes enlarged lymph nodes in the groin area and night sweats?
unlikely to be leukemia or myeloproliferative disorders
Thanks for your query.
It is indeed unusual to have such infections in an otherwise healthy individual within such short time frame. But I don't think this is leukemia or myeloproliferative disorders, as in those, the white count won't come back to normal with antibiotics.
With painless enlarged lymph nodes and night sweats we need to rule out lymphoma. For that CT scan of chest and abdomen with biopsy of enlarged node are required.
Otherwise your docs need to continue investigations for the source of infection.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hoarseness shortness of breath and night sweats what are causes
- What causes severe night sweats
- What causes soaking night sweats
- What causes periodic night sweats
- What causes night sweats after gallstone surgery
- What causes night sweats and swollen ankles
- What causes night sweats shaking lightheadedness and weakness
- What causes night sweats in teenagers
- What causes night sweats and nausea after ovulation
- What causes excessive night sweats