question-icon

What causes enlarged lymph node?

Posted on Mon, 18 May 2015
Question: I may have had this all my life but I just notice it.... right at the back of my skull I feel a lump of soft skin it maybe its just my scalp it doesnt hurt but it does Make me a little bit worried......any information
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Lipoma or lymphnodes

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I went through your query and understood your concerns.

With your description of symptoms I can think of two possibilities. First one enlarged lymph node- skin infection or infection, hair problem do result in enlargement of lymphnodes, not to worry. Seen in many people. on examination need to look for any problem and treatment of cause required.
Secondly- lipoma, a small collection of fat cell, its a benign condition. removal required only if it is symptomatic.

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.

Wish you a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Vidya KR (29 minutes later)
Is anyone there
So u don't think I need to worry to much
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
it appears to be as benign condition

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for follow up query.

With your description of symptoms it appears to be as benign condition. Better to get confirmed through examination by doctor.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Vidya KR