What causes enlarged lymph node?
XXXXXXX 3, I took a broad STD panel, HIV ab/ag test, since I had sex with 4 prostitutes on May 12,13 and 25: the tests were negative.
XXXXXXX 10, the problem aggravated and I got a dry tongue and throat with white hairy tongue texture
XXXXXXX 24, I got a swollen lymph node infront right ear, went to the doctor and he gave an injection of steroid. Tested all STD panel again. All test were negative, HIV ab test was conducted.
July 2: Noticed mouth sores with white spot on right side tonsil and a mouth sore very close to the tonsil.
The STD tests puts me in the 90% window of accuracy, but what could this be in my mouth.
Now I was Brazil last month ate all hygienic stuff, now I am in XXXXXXX please advice on this.
I have gone through your query; it suggests that you may be suffering from the tonsillo-pharyngitis due to bacterial infection.
Enlarged lymph node may be due to the inflammatory response of above condition.
In this condition in my patients, I usually prescribe
1. Antibiotic tablet- combination of amoxicillin and clavullanic acid 625 mg three times a day
2. Anti allergic tablet- Fexofenadine 120 gm once a day.
3. Antacid and multivitamins and also use gargles with hydrogen peroxide and Hexidine three times a day.
But to rule out other disease you may go for throat swab culture and antibiotic sensitivity and consult with ENT specialist for better management.
If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.
My concern with this is that, I had a possible exposure to STDs(Although I did use condoms all the time, but when I gave oral sex there was no protection) and these problems falls into the window of time frame of HIV, I was wondering if they could be related and what is the conclusiveness of the tests I stated before.
Nothing to worry
I have gone through your follow up query; it suggests that these all symptoms not related to HIV and no need to worry. Just go for Throat swab culture and antibiotic sensitivity for better management.
Lymph node to swell under armpit not related to...
Armpit lymph node swelling may not be related to tonsil. Mostly lymph node in the armpit may swell from an injury or infection to the arm or hand.
Tonsillopharyngitis is not only a disease of child hood, it is most common in child hood ;but also present in adult age.
He did examine the node and did an ultrasound, told me the size was 6mm. He said this also could be an allergic reaction.
Faith on your doctor
I have gone through your follow up query.
For your kind information
1. You are on right medicine.
2. In your prescription, I just want to add one more tablet fexofenadine 120 mg once a day.
3. Yes, it may be allergic reaction.
I think this is an anti allergic too!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes fever with skin rash and enlarged lymph node
- What is the treatment for enlarged lymph nodes
- Caffune causes enlarged lymph nodes
- Mastoiditis cause enlarged lymph nodes
- What causes enlarged lymph node behind the ear
- Costochondritis cause enlarged lymph nodes
- Enlarged lymph node causes
- Can epididymitis cause enlarged lymph nodes in the groin ?
- Dvt caused enlarged lymph node
- Can teething cause enlarged lymph nodes