What causes enlarged heart chamber?
My e-mail account is full! Can't send a message Phone XXXX
It means that the right upper chamber of your heart is enlarged
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. Right auricle of atrium is the name of one of the four heart chambers. This chamber gets its input blood supply from the lungs after oxygenation and it pumps the blood in to the left ventricle from where it is supplied to all the organs.
2. Right auricular dilatation refers to a condition where this chamber is severely enlarged.
3. The causes of right auricular dilatation includes the following
(i) raised right ventricular pressures: pulmonary arterial hypertension, cor pulmonale
(ii) valvular disease: tricuspid regurgitation, tricuspid stenosis, Ebstein's anomaly
(iii) atrial septal defect (ASD)
(iv) atrial fibrillation (AF)
(v) dilated cardiomyopathy
4. Your complete echocardiography report will tell the cause of severe right auricular dilatation. Please discuss your condition with the cardiologist and take required treatment.
Wish you a quick recovery.
Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.
Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes unilateral enlarged heart
- Seizures caused by enlarged heart
- Poisons that cause enlarged heart
- Causes of enlarged heart chamber
- Pesticides caused enlarged heart
- What cause a enlarged heart in newborns
- Enlarged heart chamber in unborn babies
- Enlarged heart causes
- Albuterol cause enlarged heart
- Doctor said baby has enlarged heart chamber
- Done with CAT scan and ultrasound. Taking Testosterone. Ultrasound...
- Scheduled for fusion of vertebeae and laminectomy. Should I go ahead...
- Fell down and hurt chest. What are the findings in the x-ray report?
- Is there any treatment to increase the size of penis?
- Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is...
- Swollen lymph nodes under arms and groin hurts and have sores. Could...
- Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant...
- What is the cause for itchy underarms?
- On warfarin for PE. Having bleeding from rectum. Should I go to the ER?
- Taking amoxicillin for sinus infection. Slight fluctuations in...