What causes endometrial hyperplasia?

Posted on Mon, 5 Dec 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I am 38 yrs old. I missed my periods. I took a home pregnancy test and the result was negative. I went to a doctor. she did a scan and told me that my uterine wall thickness is 1.6 cms which is not correct and suggested me to for a blood test(bhcg). I didn't get the report. but I wanted to know whether the thickness of the uterine lining means pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
get serum beta hcg test reprot.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to HCM,
Thicknened endometrial thickness doesn't necessarily indicate pregnancy unless a gestational sac is seen inside the uterus or an ectopic pregnancy is seen. The serum beta hcg test is the most sensitive test for pregnancy , as urine pregnancy kits often may show false negative results. If the hcg levels re less than 3mIU then you are not pregnant and the menses can be deemed to be delayed due to stress.
In that case we advise to wait for at least 2 weeks to allow menses to start naturally and then if she still doesn't menstruate , then a withdrawal bleed with progesterones is offered.
So please get the serum beta hcg test done and review with reports.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. REMY KOSHY
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 1 hour later
should I meet the doctor if I get my mensus before I could receive the report. And should I worry about the thickness of the uterine lining.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
wait for report.

Detailed Answer:
Please wait for the beta hcg test report and then you may consult your doctor.

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist