What causes elevated total cholesterol and LDL levels in blood?
Yes your lipids are abnormal
Hello, and thank you for posting your query.
Yes your total cholesterol and LDL are high. As you mention no other risk factors.
You can try intensifying your diet and exercise for three months and look at lipid profile again, if not reducing you need medication. Also you should have a treadmill test done.
Hope that answers your query, please do get back to me if you need further clarification.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hdl ldl total cholesterol calculation
- Total cholesterol levels 145
- 140 total cholesterol level
- Total cholesterol hdl ldl and triglycerides are
- Total cholesterol 249 ldl 170
- Total cholesterol level 218
- Done total cholesterol level hdl ldl normal
- Total cholesterol level 298
- Total cholesterol level 274
- Causes of low total cholesterol
- HTN, taken Norvasc, Approvel, Omega 3, iron, calcium. Weight loss...
- Is my ECG report abnormal due to relapsed hyperthyroidism ?
- Shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat, dizziness, ringing in ears. POTS...
- Angina, tennis player, stent in coronary artery. Angina due to RBBB ?
- Is NSAID damage reversible ?
- Does high BP cause restless and irritant behavior ?
- Cardiogram shows heart attack, stress tests, no energy, shortness of...
- Atrial fibrillation, trough electric cardioversion, taken Flecainide,...
- Anxiety, dizziness, light-headedness, nausea, neck and chest tightness,...
- Stress, panic attacks, electrolyte imbalance in QT prolongation