What causes elevated serum ammonia levels?
No need to be concerned
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
You need not be concerned about it.
An increase in serum ammonia level which can occur in cirrhotic individuals impairs the consciousness and the individual becomes drowsy and less alert. And there would be some precipitating cause like a GI bleed or constipation.
As long long as you are conscious and alert, there is no need to check your ammonia level.
I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Serum ammonia levels
- What causes lobster ammonia smell
- Child with elevated ammonia in blood hospitalized cause and remedy
- What causes a bleach or ammonia smell in the nose
- What is the cause of high ammonia levels
- What causes smell of sulfur or ammonia in my nose
- What causes ammonia smell in nose
- Causes of elevated serum ferritin
- What is the cause of ammonia smell in my nostrils
- Increased ammonia level causes
- Elevated SGPT, SGOT and triglycerides. Taken Heptral and Udiliv. Please...
- Tiredness, loss of concentration, blood test shows low hemoglobin...
- Bloated upper abdomen, burping, history of chronic pancreatitis. Have...
- Blood test shows typhi and paratyphi positive. What does it mean?
- Abdominal pain, itching. Clean blood test. History of breast cancer. Are...
- Abdominal pain, done blood test and ultrasound. Kindly interpret results
- Tailbone pain, bruise on stomach, sore lower abdomen. Anything to worry...
- Constant nausea, negative pregnancy test, have Mirena IUD. Ovarian cyst?
- Poked eye with umbrella spoke. Eye gets sore and red. What do you...
- Diagnosed with chlamydia. Is it contagious through oral sex?