• question-icon

What causes elevated protein-to-creatinine ratio while having systemic lupus erythematosus?

Posted on Thu, 17 Nov 2016 in Alternative Medicine
Question: Dear Dr Ratnesh

I am XXXX writinh to you once again for my son. I have a question which is bothering me badly. Here it goes
My son was diagonised with SLE an auto immune disease 3 years back in 2013. He was under treatment of a Rheumat who was famous and wad DM. His treatment with steroid especially stepping down was bad. which I can realise now. The disease flared up in 2015. We got a renal biopsy done which detected class 3 Lupus and restarted the steroid treatment. This time its a much better doctor who was a ped Rheumatologist. But as u known that there is no cure for Lupus in allopathy I also started homeopathic medicine parallely. My homeopath is a XXXXXXX guy with MD and was the principal in an homeopathic collqge in XXXXXXX He is still HOD in a collage and professor. In the time as I said that I started with homeopathy paralally. And I do not know because of whom the recovery was very fast. His protein creat ratio was in the range of 3200, which should be within 300 when we started treatment after biopsy. it came down sharply and today it stays in the range of 90 to 120. But there is another point to be seen. during his treatment were toled by our Rheumatologist that he might catch infection easily an he has to be in antibiotic as he is on high dosage of immunosuppressive drugs. But our homeopath assured us nothing to worry and infact we took even to swimming which he advised during steroid therapy. Reality is nothing happened in fact he never had to take a an antibiotic. Today his steroid has been stopped for nearly a month.. but steroid sparing mmf is still going . Our homeopath is advising us to stop that too . will that be ok as Rheumatologist whould never agree. please advice as I would need some more conversation with u. Homeopath says we will monitor with same tests as he feels he has been able to increase his vitality. he would continue to do so but allopathic drugs ars are no more required.
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
followup

Detailed Answer:
Hello mr XXXX.
Nice to hear from you.
As far as steriod spairing mmf treatment is concerned understand medicine has some side effect also. I would suggest you to consult your doctor about the duration of course of medicine. If he suggest to continue for long time then you have to think serious about the alternative mode of treatment. Homoeopathy has some good medicine with good respons in such case.
My opinion on this matter is you should think to stop steriod medicine atleast once and depend your child to safest and natural mode of treatment.
In case of any emergency you have always the option to start allopathic treatment agmain.

Hope this solve your query.

Thanks
Dr Ratnesh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 5 hours later
Thanks dr Ratnesh for your reply.

In fact the steroid treatment had completly stopped about a month ago. The steroid sparing mmf will continue for 3 years at the rate at which our Rheumatologist is reducing. One medicine like HCQS 200 (Hydrochloroquine) has been asked to continue for whole life. My point is our homeopath who is also treating him for last 1 year toled me that his condition now is same as he was before gettting this disease. The homeopathic treatment is constitutional and will increase the vitality of his body to face his immunity which was acting against him. He said to me that its a gift of god and victory of homeopathy that this condition has been achived and not everybody gets this . So advised me to please not give unnecessary chemicals to him. He said we will go for periodic tests on which we can judge the disease activity. And its also a fact that in last one and half year my son did not had to take any antibiotic. which our Rheumatologist said to take in case of any infection. His current energy level, appetite is absolutely normal, we tested his urine on sep end that was fine and we visually check at home for amount of froath (as it shows amont of protien drainout). Its fine too. Our homeopath toled me that he didn't ask me to reduce any medicine in last one year but this is the time to, and he would continue to give him medicine for vitality.
If he is true then the job he has done is , matchless to any reward, as he said that we can keep a track every month with test. Dr Ratnesh I know the power of homeopathy as my wrist with which I suffered badly and all allopathic doctors suggested surgery, got cured with your medicine. I suffered for about six months and now I am as fit as I can play cricket or badminton with that hand. Should we go ahead and reduce medicine as he wants?

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
followup

Detailed Answer:
Mr XXXX

I am agree with you treating physician (homeopath). Even we have treated many patient where allopathic medicine has been stopped even after strict advice to continue allopathic medicine by their allopathic physician. And they got a very good response.
Homeopathy has good and proved medicine in case of auto immune disorder. Medicine work in palliative mode where all symptom are suppresed to its maximum extent to provide relief. It doesnt mean that disease has been treated but dependency over allopathic medicine is decrease.
Also Understand there is risk over changing the mode of treatment because disease is variable in nature. So for you its a calculative risk.
In my opinion its worth taking risk in my experince.
And follow your homeopath physician advice.

Thanks
Dr Ratnesh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Ratnesh Pandey

Homeopath