What Causes Elevated Protein Level In Urine?
Need more info
Thanks for the query
Your doctor has done the right thing but putting you on an Angiotensin receptor blocker ( Telvas). However I need to know a few more details in order to help you
1. What immunosuppression are currently on? ( for example Tacrolimus/MMF/steroids)
2. What was your basic kindney disease? For example diabetes, etc
3. What was your protein loss before the transplant?
4. Is your hypertension and sugars under good control?
Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply
2. Granulomotous Tubolointerstitial Nephritis
3. It was within limits
4. yes. bp is around normal & non diabetic
Thanks for getting back with the details.
It is good that you have been put on Telvas for the proteinuria. Here are my suggestions
1. If your serum creatinine on discharge was below 1.2 then I recommend that a renal biopsy of the transplant kindney is done to know why your serum creat is on the higher side
2. Get a tacrolimus level done, in our institute we aim for tacrolimus to be around 5, 6 months post transplant
3. Rest everything is fine, there is nothing to worry as of now. You are on correct treatment