What causes elevated liver enzymes?
Give me further details
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
This should be taken seriously and an evaluation should be done.
Answer me following:
1. Why did you get tested?
2. Do you consume any amount of alcohol?
3. Are you taking any drug for high cholesterol like Atorvastatin, Rosuvastatin?
4. Any history of jaundice, yellowish discoloration of eyes or urine?
5. What is the bilirubin level in the report?
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me and answer these questions preferably in point wise manner.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
1.04 but iam diagonsed with High BP & Hypertension so i am taking the foll pills
STAMLO 5 mg , MET XL 100 mg, MINIPRESS XL 5 mg (these all pill twise daily)
& GEMCAL, BECOSULES CAPSULES (once daily).
2) No alcohol for more than 2 yrs but prior yes whiskey.
3) No drugs for high cholestrol only except the pills mentioned above.
4) No history of jaundice but sometimes urine becomes yellowish may be due to medicine,heat.
5) Total Bilirubin level is 0.95. one more thing 2 yrs before when i done the sonograph of kidney it was shown a fatty lever.
You should keep your BP under strict control to prevent any further kidney damage.
I don't find any obvious reason in your history for rise in liver enzymes.
Fatty liver can progress to chronic liver disease.
Also we must evaluate why your liver enzymes are raised.
None of the drugs you have mentioned injure liver.
But one drug that you have not mentioned but is commonly prescribed to hypertensives is Atorvastatin or Rosuvastatin. In case you are taking any of these medicines for cholesterol control let me know. They can also effect liver enzymes.
In case you are not taking, I advice you following investigations:
1. HBsAg and Anti HCV antibody.
2. Ultrasound abdomen.
Review with reports.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Formaldehyde cause elevated liver enzymes
- Dilaudid causing elevated liver enzymes
- What causes elevated liver enzymes and enlarged spleen
- Mrsa cause elevated liver enzymes
- What causes elevated liver enzymes and positive cmv
- Ultram causing elevated liver enzymes
- Migraines cause elevated liver enzymes
- Elevated liver enzymes causes
- Leukoplakia causes elevated liver enzymes
- Strep causing elevated liver enzymes
- Are there interactions between Promethazine and Provigil?
- What causes sharp pain from right side radiating down to groin area?
- How to avoid high cholesterol and diabetes?
- What are side effects of over dosed eliquis?
- What causes muscle cramps with bloating,nausea and vaginal spotting?
- What causes fever and bumps on neck in a diabetic patient?
- What causes confusion and fearfulness after blood transfusions?
- Suggest treatment for Acute Transverse Myelitis
- What causes tremors in arms and hands?
- How long levofloxacin takes to get out of system inspite of its side...