What causes elevated liver enzyme levels when diagnosed with diabetes?

Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Cancer
Question: My husband has recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes after a sugar level reading of 500. Now he has a high liver enzyme count and a dialated bike duct. Could the high sugar reading be contributing to this?
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Liver enzymes

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

The high level of sugar can’t cause high liver enzymes and dilated duct bills

Some causes for this situation are

cholecystitis, which is an inflammation of the gallbladder. cholangitis, which is an inflammation of the common bile duct. an increased level of conjugated bilirubin, which is a waste product of the liver. an increased level of liver enzymes. etc

You should consult your doctor for further exams like abdominal ultrasound,scan CT etc

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 54 minutes later
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Exams

Detailed Answer:
Hello

You are welcome
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad