What causes elevated heart rate?

Dr. Sameer Maheshwari

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Question: Rapid heart rate with pace maker
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
What is the heart rate

Detailed Answer:
Welcome.
This is Dr Sameer cardiologist.
Demand Pacemaker works when heart rate goes below certain level at which it is programmed. If the heart rate is above that, it allows self heart rate and don't give current at that time. So you must be having your own heart rate.
What is the heart rate you are having?
Also get a ECG done to rule out any possible arrythmia.
Thanks and take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 9 hours later
Hello Doctor. You asked, "What is the heart rate?" I carried groceries in from car, heart rate went to 102. I walked the dog, heart rate went to 129. I got these readings from my Kardia Mobil device
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 27 hours later
Brief Answer:
Exertion increase the heart rate

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Exertion or exercise in any form increase our heart rate. This is a normal phenomenon & heart rate comes back to normal after some time upon rest.
So don't worry this is your own pacemaker (not the implanted one) which is conducting the impulse at these times.
Basal heart rate is important. So if on rest also the heart rate is very high (>110/min) than we can add some drug to keep it in control.
But you should be happy that you are not fully dependent on pacemaker & your own pacemaker is conducting the impulse.
Thanks & take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad