What causes elevated heart rate and recurrent panic attacks?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Hi i ate weed last night in a chocolate brownie at 7pm
This is the first time to eat it. I ate very little but by 8.30pm i believe i experienced a panic attack that lasted anything up to an hour. With my heart rate elivated to 160 beats

By 10pm it was 110 and by 11pmwas feeling fine .
Then at 4am this morning i woke up and

my heart rate was in the 90's all day i have tried to stay calm, and i feel that i still have anxiety now.
What is the best course of action to take?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Do not use marijuana in any form. This will trigger future panic attacks. What you experienced was a panic attack and not medically dangerous. Your anxiety will go away over time. Just try to relax, you are not in any danger.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad