What causes elevated eosinophil count?
Hello. I am a 42 female and am a bit concerned about my recent bloodwork. My eosinophil level is 2.3 (it says normal range is 0.0-.6) and my monocyte level is 12.4 (it says that normal range is 0.0-10%)
I was diagnosed with breast cancer last August and had a bilateral mastectomy. No chemo or radiation. Should I be concerned about these two things? Thank you
Asked by Me , 25 minutes ago
The only other things that were outside of normal range were:Red blood count : 4.01 (normal range 4.20-5.40) * was on my periodWhite blood count: 4.3 (normal range 4.8-10.8)Hemoglobin POCT: 11.1 (normal range 11-14)Thank you!!
normal report except for eosinophil count
Hello mam thanks for trusting health care magic.
Your blood work is almost within normal limits.
Except for eosinophil count which are usually not seen on a routine smear of a normal person.
It is raised in people with allergies and in those with worm infestations.
In my opinion take a tablet of albendazole which will take care of the worm infestation part and in case it is due to allergies then its harmless and will persist lifelong.
RBC and WBC counts are on lower side because of periods and will normalize in mid cycle.
I hope I have answered your questions but in case you have any other concern I will be happy to help
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Decreased eosinophil count causes
- Causes of high eosinophil count
- Crohns disease cause low eosinophil count
- Less eosinophil count causes cold
- What is eosinophils count of 8 mean
- Low eosinophil count causes
- What is absolute eosinophil count
- Hemorrhoids can cause eosinophil count high
- Causes of high monocyte and eosinophil count
- High eosinophil count cause throat problem