What causes elevated blood pressure while on lower dose of Metoprolol?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that your elevated blood pressure is related to the reduce of metoprolol dose.
What is your actual dose of metoprolol?
Why did the doctor decide to reduce metoprolol dose? What is your actual heart rate?
What is your past medical history?
Could you spell again mysteriq, because I think you have missspelled it.
Butesonide is a steroid, which can lead to an increase in your blood pressure.
I recommend you to closely monitor your blood pressure values and heart rate values and refer them to your doctor.
Further changes in your anti-hypertensive therapy should be considered (an increase in the dose of metoprolol, or add another antihypertensive drug like hydrochlorothiazide or losartan) to have a better control of your blood pressure.
Hope to have been helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes misreadings of blood pressure
- What causes systolic blood pressure
- While does pork cause the blood pressure to be elevated
- Does metoprolol lower blood pressure
- What causes blood pressure to be erratic
- What causes hands to go numb while sleeping low blood pressure
- What causes low blood pressure
- What causes blood pressure to bounce
- What causes oscillations in blood pressure
- Elevated systolic blood pressure causes