What causes elevated alkaline phosphatase levels in blood?
Need work up and a complete clinical correlation
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Your Alkaline phosphatase levels are threefold of normal and likely indicate some extrahepatic biliary obstruction like stone, cholecystitis etc. Simultaneous increased levels of GGT (Gamma Glutamyl Transferase) will make it more likely. Other possibilities like paget's disease, osteoporosis, primary and secondary hyperparathyroidism etc should be ruled out too
Malignancies causing increased Alkaline phosphatase but that is mostly in heads of pancreas. Lets wait for the biopsy report and see what comes up.
I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can urimax cause elevated levels of alkaline phosphatase
- What is alkaline phosphatase level
- High alkaline phosphatase what is the cause treatment
- Slightly elevated alkaline phosphatase levels
- Elevated alkaline phosphatase in blood
- High alkaline phosphatase causes
- What causes bone pain and elevated alkaline phosphatase
- Raised alkaline phosphatase causes
- Elevated alkaline phosphatase levels
- Causes of elevated alkaline phosphatase
- Inflamed gums, bleeding. Was on prednisone. Had herpes. Is this a sign...
- Upper eyelid skin graft done to lengthen eyelid was not successful. Can...
- Diagnosed with stiff person syndrome and having muscle spasms. Taking ...
- Have hep c, HIV with anemia, fluid retention in legs, rash on palms and...
- Having trouble sleeping due to worry. Done with nuclear stress test and...
- Have Polymyalgia rheumatica. Having pain and feeling uncomfortable. What...
- Suffering from severe anxiety and pain in abdomen. Could It be...
- What is the best cream for haemorrhoids?
- Feels like room is spinning and have dizziness. Could I ask a doctor?
- Experiencing pain in ear and getting headache around left ear. What...