What causes elevated TSH level in blood?
Increase the dose to 125 mcg if she is already taking medications regularly
Hi Mr XXXX,
Welcome to HCM. Thanks for posting the question.
Once on treatment the TSH should be between 0.5 and 3.5 miu/ml. Her TSH is high. If she was taking Thyronorm 100 mcg regularly in morning empty stomach till now, she needs to increase the dose to 125 mcg. If she was not taking the medications regularly, continue with 100mcg for another 6 weeks and retest.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
With warm regards,
Dr Ajish TP (MD,DM)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes elevated tsh level during pregnancy
- What causes high tsh levels precautions
- What causes increase in tsh level despite taking thyronorm
- High tsh level causes
- What causes high tsh level
- What causes fluctuation in tsh levels
- Will elevated ketones affect blood test for tsh levels
- What causes high tsh level of 130
- What causes high tsh levels in body
- Low tsh levels causes