What causes elevated SGPT and SGOT levels?
I had done my blood test for Complete blood count(CBC) ,Absolute esoniphil count (AEC) and Liver function test out of these test my CBC parameters are in normal range ,but my AEC is 450 cells/cumm and my SGPT (ALT) is 237 and SGOT(AST) is 71 IU/L.
Reason for doing these test was that i was developing itchy rashes and bumps on the skin whenever i used cool after sweating or when getting wet in the rain , but it gets subsidise after some times (1 or 2 hrs).
I have visited the General physician and he said that BP ,pulse etc are normal and he is just suggesting that i need to avoid these conditions.
Thanks for your query.
Absolute eosinophil count (AEC) is an indication of allergic reaction in the body. This is not serious. Once the allergic reaction subsides or the causative allergen is avoided then the count comes to normal.
The liver enzyme SGPT and SGOT are considerably raised. I would suggest you to get it investigated in detail. Do get a ultrasound scan of the abdomen wherin fatty liver must be ruled out. Also, get HbSAg test done
Such liver enzyme rise can be seen in hepatitis infection, fatty liver due to faulty food habits, over weight, alcoholism or drug abuse etc. Do consult your treating doctor for further investigations.
Hope, I answered your query.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can increased sgot and sgpt levels cause acne
- Sgpt and sgot level that cause cirrhosis
- Cause of elevated sgot sgpt alkalyn
- What causes increase in sgpt and sgot levels
- High sgot sgpt levels what can be the cause
- What causes raise it sgpt and sgot levels
- What causes high sgot and sgpt levels during pregnancy
- Mild elevation of sgpt and sgot cause
- How much elevation of sgpt and sgot cause by simvastatin
- What causes increased sgot and sgpt