What causes elevated MCV and MCH level?
MCV and MCH are normal.
I read carefully your query and understand your concern.
Your blood test report is normal.You have nothing to worry about.
The reference range for MCV is 80-96 fL/red cell in adult.
For MCH is 27-33 picograms (pg)/cell in adults.
Reference ranges may vary depending on the individual laboratory and patient's age.
So a MCV and MCH value of 97.2 and 33.3 as long as Hemoglobin and RBC are normal, are completely normal.
Fatty liver disease has nothing to do with your blood test result.
A fatty liver is the result of the excess fat in liver cells. Fatty tissue slowly builds up in the liver when a person’s diet exceeds the amount of fat his or her body can handle.It can be a completely benign condition and usually does not lead to liver damage.
You need to reduce your weight (diet and exercising) and limit your alcohol intake.
Hope my answer has helped.
Let me know if you have any additional question or doubt to clarify.I will be happy to assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes swelling under lingual frenulum?
- What causes unexplained painful bruise on wrist?
- What causes anemia?
- What is the cause and treatment for temporomandibular joint disorder?
- What causes anxiety?
- Can Lansoprazole,Cephalexin and Clarithromyc be taken together?
- How to control high BP?
- What causes painful leg swelling in an elderly person?
- Suggest treatment for fatigue,nausea and depression in an elderly
- Is heart beat of 70 beats/min,dangerous?