What Causes Elevated GGT Levels?
Hi and thank you for asking on HCM!
I read carefully all your concerns and I can say as follows:
1. You are reporting to have had elevated GGT level for 3 years. After reviewing all your medical data it may be related with :
- biliary tree dyskinesia whitch continues even after gallbladder surgery
- primary biliary cirrhosis( rare). You need to do ANA AMA and SMA tests.
2. There are some extra-hepatic causes of GGT elevation like:
- contraceptive and other medication use ( please tell me if you are using contraceptive pills)
- autoimune disorders like Lupus Eritematous.
3.I agree with your doctor about psoriasis creames that you are using. They are not related with elevation GGT level.
Please discus with your physician about the test that I mentioned above.
Wish you health!
It is really important in such cases to rule out other autoimmune disorders , since you have been diagnosed with Psoriasis.
After you perform all the exams I mentioned above we are going to discus about your diagnosis.