What causes elevated ESR levels while suffering from fever?
Needs reevaluation and further tests
Thanks for writing to us.
I have seen the attached reports.
Fever lasting for 3 weeks needs more tests like blood culture, dengue IgM and IgG, Lepto MAT, chest xray, etc.
Follow up with your doctor, get him reevaluated to look for source of hidden infection like ears, lungs, etc.
High ESR is non specific. Any stress can increase it. It doesn't pinpoint to any particular diagnosis.
Ensure he drinks plenty of liquids to keep him hydrated.
Wishing your son good health and speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes fever in children
- What causes instant fever
- What is the cause for fever with shivers
- Suffering with chicken pox persisting fever cause of fever
- What causes fever in toddlers
- What causes typhoid fever
- Elevated esr level in dengue fever
- What causes a sudden fever
- What is the cause of brain fever
- What causes hay fever