What causes elevated ESR levels in blood?

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Blood Disorders
Question: Hi, my ESR is 85 mm/hr with hemoglobin 10.8 gm%, eosinophils 11%, basophils and monocytes 00%.I had leg swelling for the past 1 week, which prompted me to check my blood RE and serum creatiine of 09 mg/dl. Is ther any problem with me with regard to the lab report
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should search the cause of high ESR.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.

Your ESR is very high.

There are many causes of high ESR.
Tuberculosis, anemia, infection, connective tissue disease, paraproteinemia, malignancy all can lead to high ESR.

You have leg swelling. So it can be due to some kidney disease or connective tissue disease.

Your creatinine level is normal. So kidney is functioning properly.

You should go for urine examination, protein level and ANA by IIF.

Please tell me about other symptoms and reports so that I can help you further.

Hope I have answered your question. if you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer.

Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 53 minutes later
Ok, thank you doctor for ur reply. I will be following up with a physician tomorrow for this
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome.

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.
Please give me follow up.