• question-icon

What causes elevated CRP levels?

Posted on Thu, 27 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My recent blood or urine tests showed a large increase in my CRP or C-reactive protein test. In the past it was in the range of 2. Today it showed at 6. My doctor suggested a C1MT test in 6 months. Is there any reason to wait?

YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
CRP may be increased in many diseases.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to HealthcareMagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

CRP may be increased in many diseases.It is not a specific finding and may be increased in infection/inflammation in our body.

You may need clinical evaluation and further tests depending upon clinical findings.
Besides other tests you may need highly sensitive CRP,which is more accurate.

In short,there is no need to be panicky. You may need proper evaluation by a physician.

Get well soon.

Hope I have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr. Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist