What causes elevated CEA and PSA levels in a person with enlarged prostate?
Need further investigations to rule out cancer.
I understand your concern.
With the findings of elevated CEA and PSA greater than along with heterogeneity of prostate on CT scan ,Prostate cancer should not be ruled out with certainty.
Further investigations like TRUS-transrectal ultrasonography with or without biopsy is needed to rule out cancer.
Since age and sex are separate risk factors for prostate carcinoma,its recommended that its ruled out with certainty.
Post your further queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Enlarged prostate causes kidney failure
- What is an enlarged prostate
- Causes of enlarged prostate gland
- What causes an enlarged prostate after an angioplasty
- Enlarged prostate causes
- What causes an enlarged prostate
- Enlarged prostate normal psa
- Enlarged prostate psa
- Mold cause of enlarged prostate
- Enlarged prostate and high psa
- What causes severe and low vision in elderly?
- Is there any correlation between high chloride exposure and CIDP?
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea and stomach infection
- Suggest treatment for upper respiratory track infection
- What causes painful right hip in a person undergoing renal dialysis?
- Suggest treatment for swollen eyes along with pain
- What do heat sensation in abdomen along with weight loss and...
- Suggest treatment for severe hair loss
- What are the side effects of Glutathione capsules?
- Is it safe to have Dothiepin for sleeplessness during pregnancy?